Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Good day/ Bad day!  (Read 486 times)

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
Good day/ Bad day!
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
I just got my SxS 12ga.  back that I had loaned out a couple of years back. I had traded my single barrel CVA Trapper for it but never had a chance to shoot it before loaning it. It came as a total surprise  , figured I might not see it again. Any way , to make a long story shorter The first thing I did was check it for loads or debris and loaded her up and fired off two loads from both barrels I only used light loads to function test  it , it's cylinder bore and it patterend quite well with both 7-1/2 and 6 shot. I noticed that the left lock felt  soft when I stripped it down to give it a good cleaning and refinish the stock the left lock main spring came out in3 pcs.
            This is an older gun made in Italy , I spent about 3 hours on the inter net trying to locate a mainspring with no luck. Tried several  different vendors with out success. TOW , DGW , Navy Arms and several other venders . I want to use it next weekend to try for a hog . I couldn'ttand to sit at the computer any longer , so decided to make one  . I had some high carbon steel rod and every thing went along pretty well all I had lef to do was ct it off the ro and temper it. Well guess what I had left a scribe mark on the rod from another prject and instead of cutting it on the mark I scribed today Yeah! you gussed it I cut it on the old mark about 1/4" short.
             I'll make another tomorrow , but would like to locate a new factory pair to have on hand. Iif anyone knows where I might6 find a pair I sure wold be grate full!
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013

Offline Quartermaster James

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »
Did you try Deer Creek?
TMA Member #506 - Membership Expires 09/23/11
Barlow Trail Long Rifles
Washington State Muzzleloaders Association

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
QMJames I didn't find anything on the site but I'll call them in te AM thNKS.
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »
im very suprise Gordon to dixe didnt have something for you .
 could you post a photo of the lock . both outside and inside ?

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »
Captchee , I'll get the photos posted this week. I've got to have my daughter to show me how to put the software in the computer so I can use my old camera . It won't work on trhe new windos without it.
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013