Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Winter/Christmas @ a Fur Trade Post  (Read 365 times)

Offline Puffer

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #133
Winter/Christmas @ a Fur Trade Post
« on: December 04, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »
Winter/Christmas @ a Fur Trade Post
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: Winter/Christmas @ a Fur Trade Post
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:40 PM »
That's great, Jack.  Reminds me of the Officers' Ball Linda and I went to oh so many years ago.  It was over on the coast there, I am wanting to say at Kent, but not real sure of that.  Seems like it was held at an armory somewhere?  The entire room was lit by candle light.  Dinner was a huge buffet that took a few tables to lay out.  The band was on an elevated stage and of course it consisted of only acoustic instruments.  They played a lot of waltzes.  There were a few folks dressed in buckskins, but mostly consisted of men in various Army outfits and the ladies were in dresses that fit to the period of the Army dress.  Some of us were in civilian attire of 1830-1850.  It was a magical night, as if we had been transported back in time.  Wish we could have done it more than once.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
 :hairy Nice!
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
That's great, Jack.  Reminds me of the Officers' Ball Linda and I went to oh so many years ago.  It was over on the coast there, I am wanting to say at Kent, but not real sure of that.  Seems like it was held at an armory somewhere?  The entire room was lit by candle light.  Dinner was a huge buffet that took a few tables to lay out.  The band was on an elevated stage and of course it consisted of only acoustic instruments.  They played a lot of waltzes.  There were a few folks dressed in buckskins, but mostly consisted of men in various Army outfits and the ladies were in dresses that fit to the period of the Army dress.  Some of us were in civilian attire of 1830-1850.  It was a magical night, as if we had been transported back in time.  Wish we could have done it more than once.

If it was in Kent WA (were I hang my hat) it would it have been @ Washington Army National Guard (kent armory), military road south, kent,WA. Pic below.
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,