Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Getting Ready For Fur Trade Days  (Read 671 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Getting Ready For Fur Trade Days
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »
Although Chadron Fur Trade Days (as of this post) is about 6 weeks away, I'm finding myself teetering on being behind (again) in getting things ready for this doings...  However, yesterday and today I at least got my tent poles sanded for the big (tent & awning) as I want to give them a coat of boiled linseed oil... I also find that I need to make three new poles...

Always seems like there's something to do in advance of these doings.  Of course the months of April and May (around my parts) were pretty much a wash out with Winter hanging on - and then the Spring rains just kept coming... Heck, I just remembered, I have to hem up some new clothes I bought - so they'll fit me... :Doh!  :*:

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: Getting Ready For Fur Trade Days
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 09:05:02 PM »
I just sold my hay rake and still have a baler and a swather to sell (hopefully) before the rondy. It's hard to sell equipment if you're not at home when someone calls.

I've finished the 2 TMA rendezvous tables (still working on the covers) and I'll be leavein' one of each with you (Joe),.... so when you retire and go to other rendezvous, you'll be all set to display TMA fliers and such.  :bl th up

Still have some round balls to cast and some other stuff to get done before we head your direction in July.  :shake :*:  :toast
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »
Sounds good Rondo.

At Rondy, we should put Lucas in charge of TMA Membership Sales... :laughing  As you know, he doesn't take "no or maybe" for an answer... :lol sign

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »
Although Chadron Fur Trade Days (as of this post) is about 6 weeks away, I'm finding myself teetering on being behind (again) in getting things ready for this doings...  However, yesterday and today I at least got my tent poles sanded for the big (tent & awning) as I want to give them a coat of boiled linseed oil... I also find that I need to make three new poles...

Always seems like there's something to do in advance of these doings.  Of course the months of April and May (around my parts) were pretty much a wash out with Winter hanging on - and then the Spring rains just kept coming... Heck, I just remembered, I have to hem up some new clothes I bought - so they'll fit me... :Doh!  :*:

Okay, got my replacement tent poles finished (along with some new stakes and rope) so the big tent & awning is ready to go when the time comes. Now onto new projects for the doings... Have to check the "gong setup" stuff that we'll have for a short woods walk and at the same time not only promote the Chadron Fur Trade Days Rondy, but the TMA as well.  :bl th up

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
Will the winners of the woods walk, be getting TMA certificates as prizes?
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:07 PM »
No... This is just a promotion for the TMA in which I'll set up some of my gong stands and let those who want to walk the course and ring some metal - do so. We'll give them a little flyer with the TMA logo on and and the distance to the gongs - and any other bit of TMA advertising/promotion we'll have there.  :bl th up

Here's a picture of the stands and gongs (kinda tough to see with the background) but any way - there will be 2 - 6" gongs, 1 - 8" gong, and 2 - 10" gongs, (all AR500 x 1/2" thick, and all swingers) on the course of fire.  IMHO, shooting reactive targets is the best way I know of - of getting folks interested in any shooting sport, and they're flat out fun!

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
No... This is just a promotion for the TMA in which I'll set up some of my gong stands and let those who want to walk the course and ring some metal - do so. We'll give them a little flyer with the TMA logo on and and the distance to the gongs - and any other bit of TMA advertising/promotion we'll have there.  :bl th up

Here's a picture of the stands and gongs (kinda tough to see with the background) but any way - there will be 2 - 6" gongs, 1 - 8" gong, and 2 - 10" gongs, (all AR500 x 1/2" thick, and all swingers) on the course of fire.  IMHO, shooting reactive targets is the best way I know of - of getting folks interested in any shooting sport, and they're flat out fun!

The gongs sound like a bunch of fun!  :hairy

I got the tables done, along with their covers,.... so which one do you want Joe, the one on the right, or the one on the left?  :) 

I still have a couple of "display stands" to make for the TMA decals,... just to dress each table up a bit.  :bl th up
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:02 PM »
Now that's a tough choice to make, Rondo... How 'bout the one on the left - no wait - the right - no left - I'm so confused...  :laffing

They look good.  :hairy

I'm going to try and get a leather bag knocked out also for the gong shoot as a prize... I'm thinking that score won't matter as long as you stop by - sign up and shoot the gong course - get some TMA info - and I'll put your name in the jar for a drawing to see who wins the bag.

Now the important question,,, which side of the table is the cubbyhole on to stash our snake bite juice?  :toast

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »
Fellas, all that truly shines!
Do your 'thang', and go get the word out!
Great doings!

:hairy

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 11:00:29 PM »
Sure wish you could join us, Russ. It'd be shining times for sure!  :shake

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 11:01:09 PM »
Joe,....once again you have a choice of "left or right", and this time it's about either one of the TMA display boxes I made today.  :laffing

Flyers and Rep cards can be stored in the boxes.  :hairy
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 11:05:11 PM »
Those are really neat!  :hairy

I'm still tryin' to decide the left or right table, Rondo...  :toast I'll leave this one up to you. That's a great idea for advertising for sure!  :hairy

Online Uncle Russ

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 03:05:19 AM »
My goodness Rondo, you're a downright good handy man, with all these nice things you're putting out.
I would like everyone to take note of that very 1st Bumper Sticker we ever had, along with the dot org web Page.  :bow

:hairy

Uncle Russ...

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 05:08:13 AM »
Thanks Russ,.... can you give me a complete list of what all is included in a new member's "membership packet" these days?
Just in case we happen to get some someone wantin' to join the TMA (with cash-in-hand) at the Chadron rendezvous.  :bl th up
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Uncle Russ

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »
Thanks Russ,.... can you give me a complete list of what all is included in a new member's "membership packet" these days?
Just in case we happen to get some someone wantin' to join the TMA (with cash-in-hand) at the Chadron rendezvous.  :bl th up

The new Member Packet contains;
1 Nice Membership Certificate ( personalized with name / date / m'ship #) on Parchment Paper, for framing.
1 Membership Card w/name & m'ship #(lamenated)
1 Membership Welcome Letter by the Vice President.
1 Membership introduction to our Postal Shoots
1 Nice 3.75" Round Bumper / window / Range-box sticker w/TMA logo in full color.
1 Nice 5" x 2.75" "GOT BLACK POWDER?" Sticker

Uncle Russ..