Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: The missing powder, where did it go?  (Read 1298 times)

Online Two Steps

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 05:44:46 AM »
In the process, I believe I have learned a lot, about correct fit, on these here rocklocks, which sure ought to help me in the future to trouble shoot, and also evaluate a flintlock's correctness, or lack there of.

That's one of the nice things here...one person asks a question...a bunch of folks offer possible answers...and an untold number of us file away a little more information to be used when needed.  How great it that?  :rt th
AL
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Lastmohecken

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »
Quote from: "Two Steps"
In the process, I believe I have learned a lot, about correct fit, on these here rocklocks, which sure ought to help me in the future to trouble shoot, and also evaluate a flintlock's correctness, or lack there of.

That's one of the nice things here...one person asks a question...a bunch of folks offer possible answers...and an untold number of us file away a little more information to be used when needed.  How great it that?  :rt th
AL

Absolutely, having access to the knoledge of so many people, with years of experience, makes all of the difference, and helps shorten the novice period, espacally for someone like me, who doesn't really know anyone local who shoots flinters, much.
TMA # 496  8/16/09

Offline bluelake

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.shinmiyangyo.org
  • TMA Member: 424
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
Quote from: "Lastmohecken"
Absolutely, having access to the knoledge of so many people, with years of experience, makes all of the difference, and helps shorten the novice period, espacally for someone like me, who doesn't really know anyone local who shoots flinters, much.

That really is the truth.  I don't of anyone in my folks' area who shoots any type of muzzleloader, so, when I visit there in the summer, it's mostly self-study.  Being able to come here and get advice from those in the know is crucial.  I am very happy and proud to contribute my annual $15--one of the best investments I ever made!  :shake
Member #424