Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: CVA Coach Gun  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: CVA Coach Gun
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »
all my flinters shoot far straighter without me than with me.
I've got the same problem, Oldetexian...  :laffing
The above has got to be the best comment I've read so far this year - love it !!!  :lol sign

Anyway, I was searching Youtube videos this morning that might shed some light on loads for this brass barreled blunderbuss you have, and though I didn't see one pertaining to the CVA & the brass barrel, I did see a few that were potentially a good starting load. With the blued metal barrels one guy was shooting 70 grains of 2fg - so weather this helps or not, I don't know.  I would think that somewhere on the net there would be a CVA suggested load chart?

Oh, I almost forgot, but you already probably know this - use only soft lead in that brass barrel, as hard projectiles like nails / glass / rocks - will scratch the brass bore.  :shake

And Russ, mighty fine looking smoothies!  :hairy

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 10:58:24 AM »
Excuse me, We don't  allow "error" in this forum. It's  actually  "operator variance" and we all have it in varying  degrees .  :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
Excuse me, We don't  allow "error" in this forum. It's  actually  "operator variance" and we all have it in varying  degrees .  :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign :lol sign

Thank you, fine sir, for the correction. Duly noted and almost committed to memory... I had a good friend who named his flinter, Ubiquitous. When asked why such a strange name for a rifle he would just smile and say because that was the way the rifle shot...all over the place...
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan