Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Coffee pots  (Read 2524 times)

Offline wwpete52

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »
I have a copper coffee pot that is lined with tin.  The folks at Westminster Forge do make fine stuff.  Boil you water with ground coffee.  When you take it off of the fire put an egg shell or a clean little stick in it and the grounds will settle to the bottom.
The tin coffee pot that I had years ago made coffee that tasted foul to me.
Member #420 Expires 3/1/13

Offline Three Hawks

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »
The reason I chucked my enamel coffee pot is that I've been trying to cut down the amount of "STUFF" I drag to rondy.  It got to where my full size pickup was barely big enough, and setting up camp took half a day.  I have it down now so I can carry a week's worth of grub and plunder in my '83 Civic 3 door Rondy car.  It only takes a little longer to pack my 10x12 wall tent and it's 14 poles than my 9x9 Pyramid and it's pole.   The rest of the paraphernalia is the same.  I just got tired of washing dishes for an hour after meals when I could have been spending that time profitably taking a nap.  My rondy partner, Ozzy concurs.

When I first began going to rendezvous' I had to have every dang primitive looking gewgaw and gilchickie I saw.  In the past four or five seasons, I've been selling, trading or giving away most of the plunder I've accumulated over the last thirty some years and finding I do not miss it in the least.  

Maybe I should take a picture or fifteen of my camp when I set up next to show what I mean.  Sorta minimalist yet comfortable.   I need to be comfy or else.  With my arthritis and sleep apnea my cot and CPAP are not frills, they are requirements.

Three Hawks
TMA #360
????? ?a??
Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.