Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: September Postal Targets  (Read 1255 times)

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
Re: September Postal Targets
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2023, 07:20:07 AM »
It's been a bit of a frustrating year for me so far.  I miss shooting in the TMA Postal Match this year due to both lack of available shooting time/venue, and the lack of a functional gun (WHAT??) are my sole miserable excuses. I shall be prepared to do yeoman battle at the target faces come 2024, promise. 

Great job you've done this year, Mark, kudos to you, Sir!   :bl th up :bl th up  :*:

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2023, 02:31:21 PM »
The history of the TMA Postal Matches is that there never has been a lot of "monthly / annual" participation from the get go of this organization (as compared to the membership numbers). The Postal Matches were offered as a ("perk") one might say, for the supporting paid membership, which some years participation was better then other years.

Another thing that needs to be looked at is; not everyone has a "Printer" and also the cost of ink in printing monthly targets...

There's also the posting of monthly target(s) after they've been shot for all to see... Some folks just don't have these capabilities any longer to do so. Can a shot target be mailed in - in todays Postal Matches?

These are just some of the above things that work against (and -or- for) TMA Postal Matches. At the end of the day there is no perfect "Postal Match Operations" that works for everyone. But also at the end of the day, it's the only options some Postal Match participants have... Good or bad... 

I feel you've done a good job, Mark. :shake

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline No Powder

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024
  • TMA: Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #75
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2023, 04:04:11 PM »
I'm sorry for hurting anyone's feelings. That was not my intent. As 49er said, I am frustrated.When I look back to the beginning of the shoots, I saw a lot of interest. So Mark, I thank you for a job well done. I'm glad you & Joe were ready to step up to the plate and continue the shoots. Thanks to all who competed and gave me a reason to make smoke. There's nothing better than smoke pole smoke.

TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 04:50:52 PM »
 :hairy
Thank you Mark!  I will do my best to shoot every month next year.  I still haven't hit that 100 yard "shingle", need to give it another go.  October starts tomorrow so I get another chance to go burn some powder!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 07:29:11 PM »
:hairy
Thank you Mark!  I will do my best to shoot every month next year.  I still haven't hit that 100 yard "shingle", need to give it another go.  October starts tomorrow so I get another chance to go burn some powder!

~Kees~

Kees, I still need to take a crack at that 100 yard shingle (which I've yet to do), so I do need to get on that. Weather wise, this year has not been a good shooting year for me at all. The heat just zapped me and I seem to have lost my "giddy up and go" when it comes to making a Range trip. This is certainly something I need to work on.  :shake

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online KDubs

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2023, 09:14:55 AM »
Well let me dig in my bag of excuses too.
 I fully intended on participating this yr, had fun with last yr but...like everyone else life got in the way.
 Spotty internet ( satellite) ,  spend the summertime cutting up logs for the winter,  etc etc
 I hope we do it again next yr .  if I don't fully participate next time, throw me in the brig
Kevin

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High