Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Cleaning C&B Revolvers  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Mike 56

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
When i am done shooting at the range a quick pistols a quick cleaning with dollar store Windex. The cylinder, bore, and exterior then i hose it down with W-D40 for the ride home. When i get home all the fouling is nice and soft. I do a complete strip and just clean everything Windex and a tooth brush and rinse with water in the sink. Dry every thing well with rags and patches and then one more time with the blow dryer and then oil  well with bore butter while still hot.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:58:09 AM by Mike 56 »

Offline mike rumping

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.rumpingproductions.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
sometimes if i'm in a hurry, i've taken off the grips, and held it under the hottest running water i can stand, then wash it out with WD-40 several times, just to be safe let it drain, wiping it off each time on the outsuide with paper towels, then clean the threads on the nipples, and check for any outside deposits of black powder.  oil inside the barrel at the end.  put it away, but check it after a couple days just in case.
http://www.rumpingproductions.com/
TMA #226
Expires: 2/14/11
"Kentucke, situated on the fertile banks of the great Ohio,
rising from obscurity to shine with splendor, equal to any
other of the stars of the American hemisphere." ...... John Filson

Offline Minnesota Mike

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
Have two .44 cals - 1836 Navy Colt with brass frame and Rogers & Spencer. Both shoot sweet.

Same as other blackpowder weapons - hot soap and water with nylon brush, wipe dry, WD-40 to make sure water is gone, wipe dry, the gun oil to preserve.

Treat the cylinder like six mini barrels and remove the nipples to make sure they get clean. Use gorilla grease on threads to put back in.

If feeling froggy, will shine brass on Colt as well.

r/
MM
TMA number #269.
Expiration Date Oct 2010.