TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

June Comments For Our June 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Mad Irish Jack - your June score is posted! Nice shooting!  :shake

Sure seems like our Silhouette shooting season is moving right along. Where'd April and May go...

Ohio Joe:
Two Steps, I have your May score posted. :bl th up  Good shooting my friend (9 of 10)... That little talk I had with that Cheyenne medicine man must of done some good!   :*: :toast

Two Steps:
Thankee Sir  :bow. But truth be told...I think it might have more to do with the big fat outline of the targets  :). If you didn't count cut lines, I think I would have had maybe 4 or 5 out of 10  :Doh! ( but don't stop talking to the Medicine Man  ;D)
Al

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Two Steps on June 10, 2017, 08:00:28 PM ---Thankee Sir  :bow. But truth be told...I think it might have more to do with the big fat outline of the targets  :). If you didn't count cut lines, I think I would have had maybe 4 or 5 out of 10  :Doh! ( but don't stop talking to the Medicine Man  ;D)
Al

--- End quote ---

I kinda think all our scores would be suffering a bit if we didn't count touches, Al... :shake

I see that Medicine Man 3 or 4 times a week, so we're covered if we need him.  :bl th up

Two Steps:
Well Joe, I got my June targets shot (at).  I had told ya that I was gonna use a .40 Rowan county flinter for this month...but...I had to back out.  My ol' shoulder just wouldn't let me hold that 48" Bbl anywhere near steady  :P  I ended up using an old .50 Hawken "style" cap gun that I haven't shot for several years.  That gun is a mess!  I need to see if Captchee can maybe so something with it for me. It has a nice Douglas Bbl and I got it cheap enough...we'll see.
Now you know that I'm not one to complain...and I'd never even think of using an excuse...explanation yes...excuse, Never!  Now I shot some warm up shots from a bench and that Douglas Bbl did a fine job.  Things changed a tad when I changed to off hand to shoot for record.  Now it was HOT and VERY humid when I shot.  I was kindda tired from having to cut a path through the gnats to see the targets...but I got over that.  The real problem came when my wife made me wear floaties and swim fins to shoot!!  She said that it was too humid to trust me out by myself without them (no lifeguard where I was shooting).  Now I ask you...have you ever tried to get a good cheek to stock weld while wearing floaties?  Well have ya?  Didn't think so.  Now this is NOT an excuse...just an explanation.  ;D
Till Next time,
Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version