Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: CORONA ROLL CALL!!  (Read 1506 times)

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
CORONA ROLL CALL!!
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
Ok boys and girls, just checking in and wondering how ya'll are doing, on barracks restriction here in Washington, healthy so far and have gone through the entire Netflix library, wish i had room in my shop to work on something but the damn thing is full of boxes ready to move out of here and most of my stuff is already boxed up and buried, sound off everyone OK? :hairy
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Spotted Bull

CORONA ROLL CALL!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:17:11 PM »
Shelter in place ordered today. Fortunately because I am a waste plant operator for a state agency I'm considered essential personnel.  Only 6 cases in our county. Freezer is stocked, toilet paper supply is ok.

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
Re: CORONA ROLL CALL!!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
I'm just starting to feel better. Been sick with bronchitis/pneumonia since early Dec. I ain't goin nowhere and if you know what's good for you, you won't come here. ::)
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 09:49:31 PM »
All is well here.  Took the dogs out into the woods behind Chauncey for an hour or so, packing the little flinter.  Not that there is anything to shoot, but "just because."  Probably should have taken the bow; at least I could have killed some stumps!

Keeping away from everyone else as much as possible.

Kees
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
Greetings from the People's Republik of Kalifornia.
We are on house arrest here without the fancy ankle jewelry.
Getting so tedious today that I actually went outside and did some yard work. ;banghead; ;banghead;
I wonder if the rifle range is closed with all this going on.  Have to take a drive down the road and see what is happening.  Tomorrow is Wednesday?  Oh well, it's closed during the middle of the week.  Never mind.
Just read an email from a friend saying that our grocery store was out of regular table salt.  Lots of fancy sea salt and all that, but no regular table salt.  Go figure.  I am sure people are not using it as a substitute for toilet paper? :bigsmile:
OK, all is well here on the central coast.
Be safe.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:15 PM »
All quiet in Ok. Our range is open but no organized shoots. The city seems quiet. Most places are open except  theaters, schools and restaurant dining rooms. Few people  are wearing masks, though.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 12:58:22 AM »
Getting so tedious today that I actually went outside and did some yard work. ;banghead; ;banghead;
I wonder if the rifle range is closed with all this going on.  Have to take a drive down the road and see what is happening.  Tomorrow is Wednesday?  Oh well, it's closed during the middle of the week.  Never mind.
Just read an email from a friend saying that our grocery store was out of regular table salt.  Lots of fancy sea salt and all that, but no regular table salt.  Go figure.  I am sure people are not using it as a substitute for toilet paper? :bigsmile:
Be safe.
John

John, all the ranges on the wet side of the mountains are closed here.
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline One Shot

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 03:31:55 AM »
Sequestered to quarters as well. Got a dam cold from my grandson on the weekend. They all live on the farm with us. Sinuses running and wont stop. They spend more time at our house than they do with dad. So much so he often calls me dad.  great kids. They love the war room always wanting to build guns or make bullets in there. But aside the freezer an fridges all stocked and full up. Chickens a laying, steers in the pasture, deer in the woods. Fuel tanks loaded. 100s of RBs made up. cases of powder, 800#s of lead. an something called 556 an 762 or something like that. Some my son's work buddies were joking a few days about coming here for food and fuel when shtf. One asks if I had any guns. Wife pipes up an says ever seen him shoot? I heard he says. I have and so has my son, you wont make the other side of the gate coming in the wife says. Silence. They quietly get in their trucks and leave . Being on the farm we are some what more prepared than city folk.

Nuff Said keep your distance be safe and may you continue to have good health. God Bless and pray that this blows over soon.
Semper Fi
The Few The Proud

Spotted Bull

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 04:51:29 AM »
Be safe.
John

Shooting sounds like a great idea for this weekend. Our range is about 150 yards from my door.

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 05:00:10 AM »
Just another normal day out here in the "boonies".  :hairy
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline prairie dog

• TMA Member: Contributing Member #678
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 11:23:39 AM »
Shooting range closed, State parks closed, BLM lands closed.  No place to shoot or fish.  Only the National Forests are open and it's still too cold to go camping.

Other than that, we are doing fine. 
Steve Sells

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 12:12:18 PM »
All set here in Owego, NY.  Today is day 12 of isolation.  Plenty of supplies including toilet paper.  We have bought everything in bulk from Sam's Club for years so we are always stocked up.  I get my groceries delivered through Instacart.  Works great.  I just leave my garage door open and they put them on the tailgate of my truck.  We also get groceries for my 95 year old mother in law who we got to go into isolation the same time as we did.  We visit her every few days and take her any groceries she ordered.  She is quite healthy and has her own apartment.  Father in law died last October at 96.  She mentioned the other day that we are probably sick of visiting her and we laughed and told her we were pretty hard up as she was our only entertainment!!!   :Doh! Only supply we miss is beer.  Wife and I like to have two IPA's each in the evening but now we are out and no one delivers beer.   ;banghead;  Shooting range is closed too.
 :toast :lol sign :hairy
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 01:03:50 PM »
As Beaverman said, we are on "barracks restriction "

Things are ok for now BUT in couple of weeks or so ?? (Still NO TP avail. anywhere & I am down to 2 rolls.  :Doh!
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
Not much of anything going on here... Just taking it one day at a time, hope and pray things get better.

On a side note - and not to scare anyone;

The enormous stimulus package that's going into effect does set one's mind to wondering, "what in the world is going on?" And society basically being on lock down... We're not use to this, and it's going to take some getting use to. We all get the same information in different doses and bottles - so do what you think best and stay safe.  :shake   
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »
Be safe.
John

Same here Jim!
Still on house arrest, they closed all public waters to fishing, and my yard and house are likely cleaner than our local Hospitals.
I did run a 150 or so roundball for my .56 rife smooth bore,  that's when we got the notice about all the ranges being closed.
But life goes on while Mama Bear and stay hunkered down. My daughter dropped off a load of groceries this morning and we're just now putting all that away.
I would like to wish brother Hank the best with that Pneumonia thing, Mama Bear was just recovering from that same thing when this KungFu Virus hit.
Uncle Russ....
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4