Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Just got back from the ONW TMA Folic '09  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Chairslayer

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: TMA Member # 239
  • TMA Member: Membership expires 3/27/ 2019
Just got back from the ONW TMA Folic '09
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »
Wahooooooooooo!  Another GREAT weekend of shooting and eating and shooting and eating and shooting and eating and best all really wonderful people. The Lord blessed us with no rain, beautiful skies and warm temperatures all three days. It did get cold at night, but the stove and the company in Howard's Tavern more than made up for the temperature.
Hank and Zan, it was so great to see you again. Earl, although I see you all the time, it's always a good time. Got to meet a couple new people this time too. I know you've all read his excuses here, but they gain a lot of credibility when you hear Two Steps say them..... :roll eyes  Bob Taylor it was great to meet you and I'm looking forward to the next time.
Eric (Nobber) and his lovely wife Mary (who makes the greatest beef and noodles in the world) thank you so much for all the hard work and effort you put forth for this event.   Ed (Jingles) put on another killer woods walk again and his targets will be the topic of conversation for a long time. Chrissy, it's always good to see you too.  Morning coffee won't be the same without you guys. Thanks again to Tim and Mel for their hard work too.
I regretfully have to say, that although I did take my camera, I had NO time to take pictures, I was WAY too busy having fun! Al took about a zillion and even got some video I think. I can't wait till he posts them so I can re-live the whole thing again!
Here's hoping and praying you all get home safely and we can all do it again next year.

P.S. Earl has now been promoted from page to squire in the chairslaying quest. While he did manage to wound one severely, it was able to limp off and possibly lick its wounds and continue the fight another day. I will have to be on the watch for this vile creature.
Dan Egener
TMA #239 Expires 3-14-2017
Learn from the mistakes of others, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Sounds like ya had a great time! :bow

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Lady of the Woods

• TMA Forum Member
just got back from ONW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »
BOY OH Boy!! what a great time!!! Ya'll seriously missed out on some of the best shootin and eatin! Let me tell ya, you can go shoot just about anywhere, but you surely can not go shoot targets like Jingles thinks up and you won't eat better anywhere!

Chairslayer neglected to mention one pertinent point in his post, he cleaned everyone's clocks! Well, Bob got the better of him on the Woods Walk from Hades, but other than that Dan knocked out a first place in every event (except skillet toss and that was only due to the fact he didn't throw - he woulda looked good in a petticoat!) ha ha

As Dan said, these are some fine folks. Thanks to everyone of ya! Hank, glad I could make you laugh a time or two, you should be good for about a year after that belly laugh you got in the woods! I really shoulda seen that one from a long way off, but Eric suckered me completely!

Bob, nice shootin, glad you made it out hope the wind was at yer back on the way home.

One other thing; I never did find my pole ax, ifn any of you fellers find er let me know.

Z
Lady of the Woods
member #358. Exp. 7/1/09.

Offline jingles

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
On behalf of Eric, Mary, Tim, Mel, Krisie an myself I wante to thank everyone who came to our little get toghter. We look foreward to this each year and hope all of you will come back and bring some more good friends. I am really glad that Bob and Al made it this year. It is we really great meet new folks.
    Great job to all the shooter, but it seem that Earl  thinks the targets need to be a little harder and Al wants more carrets.
                          Thanks again!!1
TMA #343 Expires 5/16/12

Offline Chairslayer

• TMA Forum Member
Re: just got back from ONW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Quote from: "Lady of the Woods"
Chairslayer neglected to mention one pertinent point in his post, he cleaned everyone's clocks! Well, Bob got the better of him on the Woods Walk from Hades, but other than that Dan knocked out a first place in every event (except skillet toss and that was only due to the fact he didn't throw - he woulda looked good in a petticoat!) ha ha
Z

I seem to recall a lady who pretty much kicked butt in the woodswalk including handing me my head on a platter and only got bumped to second after a three (or was it four?) round shoot-off.
Dan Egener
Learn from the mistakes of others, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »
I seem to recall a lady who pretty much kicked butt in the woodswalk including handing me my head on a platter and only got bumped to second after a three (or was it four?) round shoot-off.

Dan, I think I have some pictures of the shoot off between Zan & Bob, and I'm pretty sure Chrissie does too.

All of you folks shot really good...but you did have to get a bag to carry your plunder out in.  That says something...either ya like the bag...or ya won a LOT of plunder  ;)
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Chairslayer

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »
Been wantin one of them carpet style haversacks a long time.  Mighty fine construction on it too, I might add.
Dan Egener

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »
Gang, it just don't get no better than that. What a weekend. All the shooting you could ever want, great weather, waaaay too much food, and friends that you're so comfortable with, it already seems like you've known them forever.
After a slow start on the trail walk Dan came on strong to take the aggregate. Nice shootin Dan. I think in the future Eric shouldn't let competitors stand so close to the scoring table with writing utensils.
Earl made a valiant effort to de-throne Dan for the chairslayer title, on a chair now called tripod, but fell a little short. Better luck next year Earl.
Al won the Whine-award going away, which was created on the spot by Tim and Ed, for his performance on the trail walk. He may even learn to like carrots. That has the potential to become an annual award.
Despite all the whining, we had a tough but fun trail walk. Zan and Bob tied and had to settle it all in a shoot-out. Bob sqweeked it out in the 3rd round. He better watch out next year when Zan is more used to that new rifle (sweet)(the rifle too).
 I have to thank Mary, Ed & Crissy, Tim (Must have cooked for 2 hrs non-stop Sun morn) & Mel, and of course Eric, who really has it together when it comes to putting on a show.
Sorry Cole, almost forgot the good work you did running the novelty shoot. Ya done good son.
I'm already looking forward to next year.
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell