Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2009 "Old" Northwest Frolic Results  (Read 2778 times)

Offline nobber

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Contributing Member, #250, expiration date; 1/22/2028
2009 "Old" Northwest Frolic Results
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »
Well it was another busy weekend but I think we all survived. The event got a little bigger, not as much as we had hoped but bigger none the less. This year we had 10 shooters 9 adult members and one junior with 14 total people at the rendezvous. We ran out of gas on Sunday and didn't have the brigade shoot but we did squeeze in the monthly postal shoot. The Good Lord blessed us with great weather on Saturday and Sunday both and we took advantage of it. There were 5 states represented and had 2 members renew and a new junior member join up. The food was great as was the company as always!! The results of the events was:

Aggregate Champion - Dan Egener aka Chairslayer

Woodswalk(2 way tie decided by a tiebreaker)
1st  Bob Taylor aka Makin Meat
2nd Suzanne aka Lady of the Woods
3rd Hank Cook aka Hank from WVa

Novelty Shoot(3 way tie decided by a tiebreaker)
1st Bob Taylor
2nd Dan Egener
3rd Eric Davis aka Nobber

Paper Shoot
1st Dan Egener
2nd Bob Taylor
3rd Hank Cook

Hawk/Knife
1st Dan Egener
2nd Cole Shock
3rd Suzann

Archery
1st Dan Egener
2nd Suzanne
3rd Eric Davis

Skillet Toss
1st Suzanne
2nd Mary Davis
3rd Crissy Lewis

Al Bateman aka Two Steps and Hank Cook had the high score on the postal shoot.

I would like to thank my staff for all the help Ed Lewis aka Jingles for the woodswalk and Tim aka mountainman69 for helping get ready and run the lines and cleanup and Cole for the hawk/knife and my wife Mary for being camp cook. I would also like to thank everyone who donated camp prizes:

Al Bateman - Shooting Bag
Hank Cook - Shooting Bag
Earl Lily - 2 pounds Black Powder
Ed Lewis - Wool Gloves
Indiana - Maple Syrup
Tim Frederick - Woven Leg Garters
Melanie Hull - Woven Waist Sash
Mary Davis - Hand Stitched Wool Gun Sleeve
                    Carpet Haversack
                    Hand Woven Basket w/Hand Crocheted wash              cloth+Hot Pad+Soap Holder

The TMA for providing 1st 2nd 3rd place event medallions

Everyone who attended received a pewter camp medallion and scored some nice loot from the prize table. I didn't write down who got what plunder but everyone got something.

The prize list was:

Hand Woven Sash
Hand Woven Garters
Shooting Bag X2
2lbs Black Powder
Wampum Powder Horn Strap
Wampum Leg Garters
Canoe Cup
Trap Spring Knife
Wool Fingerless Gloves
Bottle Maple Syrup
Upholstery Haversack
Hand Stitched Wool Gun Sleeve
Hand Woven Basket full of Hand Crocheted Camp stuff
Lantern
Wingbone Turkey Call
Ball Bag
Flint Wallet

I would once again like to thank everyone who attended to make this event a total blast and helped it grow a little bit this year, we will be having another ONW Frolic next year so stay tuned!!

Eric Davis
Booshway 2009 TMA "Old" Northwest Frolic

PS: OK all you folks who took pics last weekend here is were you need to start posting them!!
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
DU Life Member
NWTF Sponsor Member
Pheasants Forever Sponsor Member
NMLRA National Range Officer and Instructor
Vice President/BoD Pokagon Longrifles
BoD/ The Traditonal Muzzleloading Association #250

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
Eric...if I can outsmart my little camera, I'll try and post links to the various short videos I made.  Just don't even think that I can edit them...that wasn't covered in the  "Push this button 101" class.

I want to say that the event was just a great time!!  As always, it's great to meet the folks in person that you have only met on the forum.

Eric, Tim, Ed, Miss Mary, Cole and all the others involved did a Great Job of keeping everything running smoothly.  There was never any, hurry hurry..rush, rush...but everything got done, and done well.   I'm extremely glad that Eric didn't charge us extra for smiling or laughing...I promise ya..we'd all be broke.

This is the first camp I've been to where all of the meals were camp meals.  My food box came home with the same contents it took to camp.   Coffee first thing every morning and full meals for the rest of the day.  I, as a habit, carry jerky, dried fruit etc in my belt bag to munch on throughout the days activities...I never touched a bite!  I was too full to even think about  a slice of dried apple.  Mary did NOT want to see anyone hungry...she didn't.

The shooting was great as was the camaraderie.  The shooting would have been a little better if I had actually hit a few more targets (Ok, if I had hit the targets  :( )  
The only problem I saw was that Ed just didn't understand the complexity of  a planned ricochet shot at carrot pieces!!  All of my planning and skill went for naught...just because one of Ed's rubber bands got in front of my planned ricochet shot and broke itself!!  I think it was the stress the rubber band felt at facing my obvious skill...but Ed wouldn't budge...no score!

Since Eric didn't mention the extra special, one of a kind prize that I walked away with...I won't mention it either.  We surely don't want other members to feel slighted.

Before I stop blabbing here, thanks to Dan for entertaining us with his picking and strumming...and to Zan for entertaining and educating us with her fine historical narration.
And thank you Hank, for allowing me to R.O.N. at your place.

Thanks again Eric for setting this event up AND for doing so much to involve the TMA .  Almost 1800 miles is a long way to drive for a two day event, but I'm glad I did it!!
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Hmm...No pics yet?  :(
Two Steps/Al Bateman

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Chairslayer

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: TMA Member # 239
  • TMA Member: Membership expires 3/27/ 2019
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »
We're all waiting for you, Al. I didn't have time to take any pics. :)
Dan Egener
TMA #239 Expires 3-14-2017
Learn from the mistakes of others, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
I'm a tryin' Dan...I'm a tryin'.  Downloading the film clips to the computer is one thing...Getting em where I can link to em and they make sense is another.  Some of the clips are waayyy too long and I need to cut out some of the dead time  :?
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Lady of the Woods

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
pictures!! we want pictures!
just fussin with ya Al,

One other thing - I STILL can't find my poll ax; anybody find it? dang it dang it dang it! I's real partial to it too! it was there sunday mornin, I musta set it down someplace... dang...
Lady of the Woods
member #358. Exp. 7/1/09.

Offline nobber

• TMA: Contributing Member, #250, expiration date; 1/22/2028
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »
I went out and searched the area last night again and didn't find your ax. I will look again with all the kids on memorial day weekend if I don't get back out there sooner. and yes PICTURES!!

Eric Davis
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
DU Life Member
NWTF Sponsor Member
Pheasants Forever Sponsor Member
NMLRA National Range Officer and Instructor
Vice President/BoD Pokagon Longrifles
BoD/ The Traditonal Muzzleloading Association #250