Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: What do I get for $15?  (Read 16197 times)

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
GEEZ GUYS THE YOUTH GRANT STUFF HAS ONLY BEEN UP AND POSTED IN THE MEMBERS SECTION SINCE JUNE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
gosh darn Beav , remember your dealing with old senile guys and it takes us a lot longer pull this information up , and even longer to read it .   ;)
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
For me, - When I found the TMA,I was a "newbe". I joined the "    open FORUM"  a couple of things occurred =
1. I found a group of individuals that "REALLY cared that I was here & were willing to help me out any way they could, without being condescending or PC. . ( unlike another forum, I was on.)
2. Individuals that not only enjoyed the "sport", but were determined to keep it TRADITIONAL.
3. The TMA was OWNED/RUN by the MEMBERS !! (not an individual/or select group, who did things their way,& to H^*L with the members)

It wasn't the "thingies" ( weren't many then)
I liked what I saw & being "old fashioned", I decided to "support" the TMA. ( after all I was "taking up a stump & sharing a few "cups" & in my "world" you support Your "camp".
( Like most org.s, only a very few support the org. The majority are "pew warmers etc.  simply Enjoying the org. That is NOT ME. )

I paid the "paltry" $15.00, got a couple of GRMMers to join ( also got a "bumper sticker & a "paper Mem. cd. ) & went from there, growing, learning,making some life time Friends & NEVER regretted it.

We have come a LONG WAY &  are still growing, but the Main reasons, I spent $15,00 ( & renew ), Have NOT changed.

BTW, I am a NRA TC. I paid $$$$ for my membership, but I  also have to pay each year to teach ( $10.00 per discipline, for me about $80.00)

Jack
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Offline Swamp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »
I also get to belong to an association that is providing our youth with an opportunity that they would probably never get the chance to have, and that opportunity is shooting traditional style  muzzleloaders on a regular basis.

We, the TMA, have provided 8 traditional muzzleloading rifles and shooting accesories to 2 different youth organization's. Nothing feels better to me than getting our youth involved into the traditional side of living, giving them some skills that they would never have a chance to learn. This is what the TMA is all about.

That right there will make me send in my $15 every year, without a question as to what the TMA is doing for me!
Swamp
TMA Member #219 - Exp 9-1-13

Offline buffalo pony

• TMA Forum Member
Re: What do I get for $15?
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
TMA IS THE BEST DEAL IN THE WORLD
THE CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP ON DISPLAY IN THE OFFICE IS A GREAT CONVERSTION STARTER EACH ONE HAS A MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.
THE SAVINGS FROM RETAILERS LIKE SHEAS MOUNTAIN MORE THAN MAKE UP THE FIFTEEN BUCKS, NOT TO MENTION THE MEDAL, MEMBERSHIP CARD AND DECAL.
YOU SHOULD REALLY ASK WHAT CAN I DO?

Offline sse

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA Co-Founder, Charter Member, BoD.
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #3
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
Quote from: "buffalo pony"
THE CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP ON DISPLAY IN THE OFFICE IS A GREAT CONVERSTION STARTER EACH ONE HAS A MEMBERSHIP NUMBER.
THE SAVINGS FROM RETAILERS LIKE SHEAS MOUNTAIN MORE THAN MAKE UP THE FIFTEEN BUCKS, NOT TO MENTION THE MEDAL, MEMBERSHIP CARD AND DECAL.
Very nice words... :bl th up
Regards, sse

Consider joining the TMA...If you're not a member, you're missing out...

TMA Member #3
Exp. July A.D. 1821

Offline Fletcher

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 11:29:32 PM »
Thanks there pony...  Since 2005, I think I have made well over a hundred new friends for life
and many time that in acquaintances.  This is such a big country with so little time - wish I could spend time
around the campfire with all of you, but this does fill a big spot in my heart.

TMA will be with me always till I go under.   :toast
Fletcher the Arrow Maker
Montana TMA State Representative
TMA Charter Member #143 exp 11/4/18
NRA Training Counselor
BSA National Camp School Director -
Shooting Sports
NRA Life Member
Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders

Offline sse

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA Co-Founder, Charter Member, BoD.
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #3
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 11:35:07 PM »
TMA will be with me always till I go under.  :toast
And I hope not any time soon...!
Regards, sse

Consider joining the TMA...If you're not a member, you're missing out...

TMA Member #3
Exp. July A.D. 1821

Offline snake eyes

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.com
  • TMA Member: 10
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Quote from: "sse"
Quote from: "buffalo pony"
Very nice words... :shake [/color]
Erin Go Bragh
TMA Co -Founder & Charter member #10 to   7/1/2019
Ohio TMA State Rep[/color]
Life member: NAHC
Life member: NRA
Member: Columbus M/L GC

"If you come to a fork in the road....take it!"
    Yogi Berra

Offline Muley

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
Among others things. I get my name in blue.  :toast
Pete
TMA Member #655
Expires Dec 2017
Keep your nose in the wind.

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »
This topic is about seven years old, but I would like to bring it to the top again, because it reflects so clearly who we really are and what we really do.

It also brings to light our successful Raffle that was just recently held....along with another year of absolutely great donations from a caring  Membership.
That, along with a very nice Flint lock from the TMA, made for yet one more successful year in our TMA Grant Program.

The key to every successful Membership Organization is to be found in the members themselves!

Recommend us to your buddy, to other family members, and the neighbor down the street.

Have them visit the TMA forum, and help them become a TMA Supporting Member.

We are always in need of supporting members, without those that really care about our future in this wonderful sport we become "just another Internet Forum", and that is simply NOT us.

It does not define us, because we do care, and because we are concerned about the future of the sport, and in the future of our youth who will someday follow in our foot steps.
We can have everything else in the world, but without a membership that cares enough to support us, we have very little.

So step-up, bring the year 2019 in with a Membership to the TMA!
Show your support while promoting this interesting Hobby, plus helping the kids.

Become a Supporting Member!

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 01:07:29 AM »
Besides the things already previously mentioned, Contributing TMA Members also qualify for our TMA Bi-Monthly Drawings in which contributing TMA Members can enter their names (every-other month), for a chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate to places like TOTW, and Crazy Crow.  :applaud

TMA Guests and Contributing TMA Members,.... if you haven't already,.... click on the link below and check out our TMA Member Raffle & Bi-Monthly Drawings forum.  :bl th up
http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?board=109.0

"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 11:26:33 AM »
Talk about serendipity , yesterday  I  was thinking about posting a thread  about everything I like about our forum . Today Uncle Russ gives me this wonderful segue. What do you get for the  price 2 Starbucks coffees?
      You get to keep our sport/passion alive for future generations. You get the comradrie of like-minded enthusiasts. You get knowledge  and to share knowledge  with experts and novices alike. You get a non-judgmental forum to  ask question and share ideas.

We all know there are other muzzleloading  forums out there but ours is different. We don't get tongue lashed for sharing different opinions, we don't get walked over in our posts. We get respectful answers to our questions and constructive feedback on our ideas.

I was reading a post about patch knives in another forum, the original question  was answered in 4 posts. A few of the "Experts" dogged each others answers for an additional  70 odd posts. I have neither time or inclination  for that nonsense.

Our board members, and moderators and membership  are the best. AND we don't have to put up with intrusive off-subject advertising .

Thank you all.
Nessmuk.

P.S. I was just guessing  about the price of Starbucks Coffee , I  can't  stand their stuff.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline blackpowderbill

• TMA Forum Member
    • BlackPowderBill Blog & Sales
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »
This forum for 15$! Which is a far cry friendlier than a few others and sure better than Facebook trolls any day. :toast
Bill

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »
What do you get for the  price 2 Starbucks coffees?

P.S. I was just guessing  about the price of Starbucks Coffee , I  can't  stand their stuff.

No wonder I don't buy Starbucks coffee!   :laffing :applaud :lol sign  I plumb can't afford that!  But yes, this has to be one of the friendliest, best run sites on the Internet.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025