Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: A view from the past  (Read 9645 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
Re: A view from the past
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 10:09:48 AM »
With the dearth of new posts I began searching things I'd not read and found this...

I find it interesting in reviewing most of the poster's profiles that we're not young no more...

What does that hold for the future?  Does it mean simply that one needs to achieve a particular point of reference to reverence what was once status quo or that the future will reveal a loss of the things we've come to cherish?

As with all earthly thing, they come and they go...some remain, some are "re-discovered", but of one thing I am certain... I too will come to an earthly end and when that happens, nobody will miss me or what I thought was important...

Beaver will never shine again!!! :bigsmile:

Offline Nutnfancy

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »
IMHO, an inline is a muzzle loader wanna be. Have never owned or even shot one and don't want to.

Good words Ron! The younger generation is totally doing away with our heritage and traditions......God help us!
"If You Knew Half of What I forgot You Would Be An Idiot"

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 02:59:47 PM »
IMHO, an inline is a muzzle loader wanna be. Have never owned or even shot one and don't want to.

Good words Ron! The younger generation is totally doing away with our heritage and traditions......God help us!

I agree, which is why I sold it and all that went with it for a song...

it's right up there with a xbow aka String Gun... IMO they're fine tools but don't belong in archery...used to be archery was defined as "hand held and hand drawn in the presence of game", but compounds were a bridge to the string guns...

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »
Speaking of Ron, has anyone heard from or about him lately?  He also is getting long in the tooth...

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 11:30:59 AM »
Speaking of Ron, has anyone heard from or about him lately?  He also is getting long in the tooth...

~Kees~

At Ron's age, I know he's on another BP site and I don't see him there often.  I've emailed and PM'd him and often not gotten a reply... he does or DID keep quite busy