Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: June Comments For Our June 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
June Comments For Our June 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »
Okay everyone, you still have until June 15th to get your May Targets sent in, or Post Marked for an official score.

June marks our halfway point in these Matches, which after this month we'll pick up with them again in August, and finish out with September & October Silhouette Matches.

In July we will turn our attention to our Annual Mike Fink "partner" shoot. So,,, if you're still looking for a partner, it's not to late to get signed up. See the "Mike Fink" thread for details.

Good luck and good shooting to all!  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Two Steps

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
Re: June Comments For Our June 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
Got mine shot Joe and will get them in the mail ASAP.  As a side note...once again, I don't think that you did a Quality Control check on my targets before you mailed them! It seems that no matter where I aim, the holes keep showing up somewhere else!  I don't mean to complain...but...we all know that it can't be me, so I'm thinking it must be faulty targets.  Please see what you can do to correct this problem.  Thank you...
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
Got mine shot Joe and will get them in the mail ASAP.  As a side note...once again, I don't think that you did a Quality Control check on my targets before you mailed them! It seems that no matter where I aim, the holes keep showing up somewhere else!  I don't mean to complain...but...we all know that it can't be me, so I'm thinking it must be faulty targets.  Please see what you can do to correct this problem.  Thank you...
Al

:Doh! Brother Al, Brother Al, what's a mother to do???

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »
Al, I do apologize ... This may very well be at my end.

I asked a Cheyenne Medicine Man to have a talk with your targets before I sent them to you (therapy purposes you know), and he didn't speak real good English like you's and me's, and I don't speak very good Cheyenne (actually I don't speak it at all, but that aside) ,,, when I asked him to bless your targets,,, well he might of thought I said,,, "hex your target."

Al, I'm just beside myself over this,  :Doh! as I very well should have had an interpreter with me. Unfortunately he was out of town in "Detox" (where ever that's at? I've never been to that town?) However, if he ever gets back from visiting whoever it is he's visiting in Detox, I will see if we can't get this straightened out.

In the mean time, you might want to just aim where the targets aren't - on the paper? Just a thought.  And again, I do apologize. I know this is hard to believe, but if anyone will believe this, I'm sure it will be you.  :pray:

You take care my friend!  :toast :shake :wave

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
I have to agree with Al.  My chickens, pigs, turkeys and.... what's that fourth one?  Anyway, they keep running around so when I pull the trigger they aren't in front of the muzzle anymore.  :laffing  Ram, that's what it was. a ram!  :Doh!

I'll try my best here in the next couple of weeks to get mine shot, but we are having some medical issues which may delay me a bit.  You all take care now.

~Kees~ AKA Winter Hawk
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »
You guys are too funny! :lol sign  I wish I had something as clever to add as I completed my June PM targets yesterday.  Well, on second thought, it was windy and my target board was knocked forward several times, making all silhouettes appear to move, but none more so than the chicken embryo if that's  indeed what it was.  (Actually it was moving so much and was so tiny, I couldn't be sure if it was animal, vegetable, or mineral :laffing)  Anyway, my targets are in the mail and are better than last month's.

Offline Mad Irish Jack

• Rangers of the Ohio Company
  • TMA Member: Tma Member #796
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
I shot my June targets today. I'm going with the family on vacation the last half the month, so I shot this morning. Had a pretty good target until the bird got twitchy. Jumped back and then flew off, wounded, but alive. Damn. Didn't even leave me an egg or nothin'.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
   The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »
I shot my June targets today. I'm going with the family on vacation the last half the month, so I shot this morning. Had a pretty good target until the bird got twitchy. Jumped back and then flew off, wounded, but alive. Damn. Didn't even leave me an egg or nothin'.

Man, that's a tough break MIJ! Something like that just makes you want to cr_p, but it's survivable most the time...  :bl th up

Have a good vacation!  :shake

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »
Here's my June targets;

There's two shots in the Turkey's breast with the third shot missing completely.

I used my .40 caliber Rayl barreled muzzle loader again this month. Still don't have the sights exactly where I'd like them to be, but I have the rest of this month and July to work on that, before we get back to the Silhouettes in August.   :shake

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »
Maven, your score is posted (8 of 10)...  :shake

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »
Mad Irish Jack - your June score is posted! Nice shooting!  :shake

Sure seems like our Silhouette shooting season is moving right along. Where'd April and May go...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:18:09 PM by Ohio Joe »

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 02:39:06 PM »
Two Steps, I have your May score posted. :bl th up  Good shooting my friend (9 of 10)... That little talk I had with that Cheyenne medicine man must of done some good!   :*: :toast

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
Thankee Sir  :bow. But truth be told...I think it might have more to do with the big fat outline of the targets  :). If you didn't count cut lines, I think I would have had maybe 4 or 5 out of 10  :Doh! ( but don't stop talking to the Medicine Man  ;D)
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 08:40:44 PM »
Thankee Sir  :bow. But truth be told...I think it might have more to do with the big fat outline of the targets  :). If you didn't count cut lines, I think I would have had maybe 4 or 5 out of 10  :Doh! ( but don't stop talking to the Medicine Man  ;D)
Al

I kinda think all our scores would be suffering a bit if we didn't count touches, Al... :shake

I see that Medicine Man 3 or 4 times a week, so we're covered if we need him.  :bl th up

Online Two Steps

• TMA Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »
Well Joe, I got my June targets shot (at).  I had told ya that I was gonna use a .40 Rowan county flinter for this month...but...I had to back out.  My ol' shoulder just wouldn't let me hold that 48" Bbl anywhere near steady  :P  I ended up using an old .50 Hawken "style" cap gun that I haven't shot for several years.  That gun is a mess!  I need to see if Captchee can maybe so something with it for me. It has a nice Douglas Bbl and I got it cheap enough...we'll see.
Now you know that I'm not one to complain...and I'd never even think of using an excuse...explanation yes...excuse, Never!  Now I shot some warm up shots from a bench and that Douglas Bbl did a fine job.  Things changed a tad when I changed to off hand to shoot for record.  Now it was HOT and VERY humid when I shot.  I was kindda tired from having to cut a path through the gnats to see the targets...but I got over that.  The real problem came when my wife made me wear floaties and swim fins to shoot!!  She said that it was too humid to trust me out by myself without them (no lifeguard where I was shooting).  Now I ask you...have you ever tried to get a good cheek to stock weld while wearing floaties?  Well have ya?  Didn't think so.  Now this is NOT an excuse...just an explanation.  ;D
Till Next time,
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman

TMA Charter Member 47