Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: You Ever Have One Of Those Days?  (Read 1234 times)

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
You Ever Have One Of Those Days?
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:49:11 PM »
I got my gear together to go shoot my October targets, loaded the dogs in the car and made the 30 minute drive to the range.  When I got there the gate was open, the bravo flag was flying and there were lots of cars parked by the clubhouse with a couple of guys standing by the 25 yard shed.  It turned out there was a concealed carry class in progress, but they wouldn't use the 50 or 100 yard ranges until that was over since a couple of people wanted to get the chance to shoot an AR.   :P  No problem says I, I'll just go to the hundred yard range, pace back 25 yards and load from the pouch.... And load from the pouch.... And load.... Oh rats, I didn't grab the pouch OR the powder horn!  :Doh!

I had also brought along a rifle which uses some of those brass thingies which contain the bullet, powder and flint percussion cap to sight in so all was not lost, but I sure felt DUMB! :laffing :laffing :laffing

~WH~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: You Ever Have One Of Those Days?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »
Don't feel to bad, WH...  I once went to the Range with just my loading gear and left the rifle setting at home.  'Course I only had to make a three mile round trip back to the house to get it - but it's the idea of thing... :Doh! It happens...  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline blackpowderbill

• TMA Forum Member
    • BlackPowderBill Blog & Sales
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
Yepper same with me drove about an hour to see the IDPA range was in use. Drove home, pulled up out back. Truck was parked on a bit of a hump. While I turned and pulled my 40 from the truck the door slammed on the stock creating like 3-4 large gouges and bruises. I was sick and still is.

Offline Rocklock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:08:50 PM »
Yep. Only it’s 1 hr and 10 min drive for me and I didn’t bring a suppository gun.
Ain't nothin' hard if ya have the right equipment AND know how to use it.  :lt th

Offline amm1851

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
It takes me a little over an hour to drive to one of my favorite shooting locations, and earlier this year I remembered everything except the loading rod for my rifle.  :Doh!
Life member, National Rifle Association
Molon labe