Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2019 Message From TMA National Match Director  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
2019 Message From TMA National Match Director
« on: December 30, 2018, 06:49:43 PM »
Hello everyone!

First off let me wish all of you a very Happy New Year this coming 2019 calendar year.  :shake :toast

I thank all of you for your support and participation in our 2017, 2018, and soon to be 2019 events... It's been a new program we've been developing together through trial and error over these last couple of years, and one that I now believe (starting in 2019) will be our main stay for many years to come.  It can only get better.  :bl th up

I do have 2019 silhouette target packets ready to mail out after the 1st of the new year. Some of you will find an "Award Certificate" in your packet from your 2018 TMA National Silhouette Match finish... I'm still working on the 2018 Monthly Postal Match Certificate that I'd like to get out to those that earned them as soon as time permits. I haven't forgot about you.  :shake

Another thing that will be taken care of within the next week to 10 days is our Snow Shoe Biathlon awards that we co-sponsor. Riley, I haven't forgot you - I'm a working on it.  :bl th up

Something I feel all of us should be aware of (and I'm sure many are) is that your support of our Postal Match Program (especially our Annual TMA Silhouette Championship Match) you are planting the seeds of interest for this Annual event, and it will grow. Perhaps it's a good thing I'm retiring at the end of March '19,,, :) 'cause I think our programs are ready to really take off.  :bl th up

Let me give a shout out for our 2019 Mike Fink Partner Match while I'm at it. Our Mike Fink Match has been a long main stay here at our TMA... It also has a pretty good following at Rendezvous and some local clubs. Don't forget to partner up and let me know so I can get your team posted for 2019.

That's about it for now - so keep your powder dry and shoot straight.  :bl th up  And thanks for supporting our TMA.  :shake :hairy

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Re: 2019 Message From TMA National Match Director
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »
Let me give a shout out for our 2019 Mike Fink Partner Match while I'm at it. Our Mike Fink Match has been a long mainstay here at our TMA... It also has a pretty good following at Rendezvous and some local clubs. Don't forget to partner up and let me know so I can get your team posted for 2019.

Joe, I have told this story several times before, but permit me to tell it one more time....this time here on the open forum.

A few years back I was on the BP range at my Local Club when I noticed the guy next to me was using a target that looked familiar.
I walked over, started up a conversation, and quite naturally asked him where he got that neat target?
The Target was one of the very 1st Mike Fink Targets you ever put out, and clearly marked TMA.

I asked him where he got the target and if he was a member of TMA?  Well, he wasn't a member, but he had heard they were a pretty good outfit....Hmmm, I liked that part but didn't say much.

He had got that target from a friend and had a few printed, although the "friend" he mentioned was unheard of to me at the time, I did later get to meet him and shoot with him.
Back in 2007, after I moved to this neck of the woods, I did pass out a lot of "stuff" at the range and IIRC, we picked up a few members from that, but that was nothing compared to me seeing those exact same targets in use 8 or 9 years later.

So, in response to your statement, I will say the target has been well received in my neck of the woods, even by persons unknown.

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: 2019 Message From TMA National Match Director
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 05:42:00 PM »
That's great to hear, Russ... I've seen these Mike Fink targets many a times with folks I don't even know shooting them. Some years back when the High Plains Rendezvous was in our area (well 40 some odd miles from me) even though I couldn't make the High Plains Rendezvous - I did donate a passel of TMA targets to them for use, and the Mike Fink target was among them.  I've seen 'em at Chadron Fur Trade days over the years, and even some left posted after being shot at our local Range. Saw a few down at State Shoot some years ago as well.

So yes, we've had a winning Mike Fink target for many a years that is IMHO quite popular with many folks and clubs. We can all take pride in that we here at the TMA got that fun target out there to a'lot of folks at a'lot of events.  :hairy 
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska