Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Time To Get After Those 2019 TMA Paper Silhouettes  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Time To Get After Those 2019 TMA Paper Silhouettes
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:12:25 AM »
First off,,,

Can everyone access this "sticky link" http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=22938.msg215253#msg215253
This is where the 2019 TMA Paper Silhouette Scores will be posted.

We have until October 15th to complete our 40 shots and have our targets Post Marked back to me,,, but if this coming October is anything like last October (weather wise) - I'm gonna get started on mine now. I know, we still have (of this posting date) 2-1/2 months, but with these strange weather patterns, I'm not taking any chances. It actually looks like it could rain this morning? we'll see???

Good luck and good Silhouette shooting to all who entered.  :bl th up :toast :shake 
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
Re: Time To Get After Those 2019 TMA Paper Silhouettes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »
I got out to the Range this morning at around 8:00 AM, and spent just over 3 hours completing my 40 shots at our official TMA Silhouette targets. It actually turned out to be a nice "no wind" morning... I've posted my score, and here's what it was; (32) [8 Chickens - 8 Pigs - 6 Turkeys - 10 Rams]

'32' is the same score I posted last year... I started out on the "Turkeys" to get a feel for these paper silhouettes (I now wish I had posted one of those practice targets that was in our packet) - before heading in "cold turkey" so to speak...

The turkeys frustrated me. I actually had 8 hits on the turkeys - but our Silhouette Scoring Rule calls for (1/2 the ball has to be in the target from the outside line, and two weren't... The other two misses were just flat out misses...

I moved on to the Chickens next, and was happy with my score there. Aiming at the smaller chicken targets seemed to agree with me, as I got 8 of them.

Pigs were third, and I managed some decent grouping on them - but unfortunately the "half in" Rule cost me two counters.

Rams were good to me, I got all ten of them. On the top Ram I think mentally I was trying for kill shot placement (and it showed) but all five shots were in solid... On my second Ram I got my best 5 shot grouping of the day, and it ran horizontal...

As I said earlier, I couldn't best my 32 points from last year - (and after the disappointing Turkey results) I just felt good about getting to 32...

These silhouettes are a challenge for sure... I believe between our Silhouette Match and our Mike Fink Partner shoot - we really feel the up's & down's of our results... At least I do - but then there's always next year.  :shake

Oh, by the way,,, I used ol' Candle Snuffer for my silhouette shooting and I think he's a bit put out with me for not taking him to Rendezvous a couple weeks back... I opted for a different rifle to take - and now I've paid the price... :Doh!  But he forgave me on the Rams... I think?  :pray:  :laffing 

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
OJ, Since my medical problems now seem to be over, I think I'd like to have at those silhouettes.  Mid-October sounds good to me as my range is currently closed for rebuilding. :)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »
There's plenty of time to get 'em done Maven.  As you know, I did mine today, though I hadn't planned on doing them all - which I ended up doing just that. There wasn't a breath of wind on the Range this morning, and that overcast cleared right off... Yes Sir, my plan was to hopefully get half way through them, but the morning moved on with nice weather - so I just decided to get them shot.  :shake