Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Lyman GPR to be made by Pedersolli?  (Read 1871 times)

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Lyman GPR to be made by Pedersolli?
« on: March 16, 2020, 01:52:25 PM »
I recently read that Lyman is switching from Investarms to Pedersolli for manufacturing the GPR, and the price will bump up by $200.  Has anyone else heard this?

Kees
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
Re: Lyman GPR to be made by Pedersolli?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:38:33 PM »
Haven't heard anything but that sure is a heck of a bump.
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 06:17:35 PM »
Have not heard this either, but it wouldn't surprise me with the things that go on in the manufacturing world. I'd sure hate to see that happen (especially the price increase), so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that' it's not true... Neither the Lyman or Pedersolli are inexpensive offshore muzzleloading firearms, and a huge increase in price could almost kill the Lyman GPR market IMHO... However, it could boom the American Builders market.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »
Have not heard this either, but it wouldn't surprise me with the things that go on in the manufacturing world. I'd sure hate to see that happen (especially the price increase), so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that' it's not true... Neither the Lyman or Pedersolli are inexpensive offshore muzzleloading firearms, and a huge increase in price could almost kill the Lyman GPR market IMHO... However, it could boom the American Builders market.

What American builders?????????????? nobody mass produces a sidelock ML here anymore, or are you talking about a custom built rifle that would be twice the price?, if this is true I'm going to start buy up all the GPR's I can find at a good price for resale!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 10:21:38 PM »

What American builders?????????????? nobody mass produces a sidelock ML here anymore, or are you talking about a custom built rifle that would be twice the price?, if this is true I'm going to start buy up all the GPR's I can find at a good price for resale!

If a person wanted a builder to make them one, they could go that route... If a person wanted to make their own, or have a builder assemble a rifle for them from Track of the Wolf or Muzzleloading Building Supply parts, they could go that route, or they could do it themselves...

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 10:58:03 AM »
Yea, if the price jumps that much a TOW kit gun would be at the same price or a bit cheaper with far superior parts, I've owned several Pedersolli's over the years, there OK but have always thought that their prices were a bit much for the quality of what the buyer got for their bux! especially their locks!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Fyrstyk

• TMA Forum Member
  • "When your dumb, you gotta be tough"
  • TMA Member: Member #799
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »
The switch from Investarms to Pedersoli was posted in the latest edition of "American Frontiersman" magazine.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
Yea, if the price jumps that much a TOW kit gun would be at the same price or a bit cheaper with far superior parts, I've owned several Pedersolli's over the years, there OK but have always thought that their prices were a bit much for the quality of what the buyer got for their bux! especially their locks!

I agree Jim... As long as the suppliers to TOW don't percentage their products up, which we both know could happen... We're gonna feel it some place down the road.

Offline Flinchlock

• TMA Forum Member
  • Oft muß Mann "zum Teufel damit"
    • reenactor.Net
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #819. Membership expiration 11/24/2022
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 12:25:20 PM »
Probably actually a good idea, as the quality of the GPD has went in the toilet. Pedersoli surely does a better job with fit and finish.
Marsh Wise
Ah likes flintlocks, but any gun is good -- okay, guns that hurt to shoot aren't good.

Head Village Idiot at www.reenactor.Net and www.romanobritain.org