Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2020 High Plains Regional Rendezvous & Other Potential Cancellations  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Chuck Landry has a post over on Facebook that the "High Plains Regional Rendezvous" for 2020 in South Dakota has been cancelled,,, but I don't see where it's confirmed on their Facebook page...

I mention it only because some of our TMA members may do this Rendezvous, and they may want to visit High Plains FB Page to keep tabs on this if they planned on attending...

Chuck is a Trader, and most likely is in the know on this, but I would still double check their FB Page for confirmation.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: 2020 High Plains Regional Rendezvous ???
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:34:37 PM »
Thanks Joe.
I'm still trying to get some info on the Encampment, WY rendezvous.
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
Thanks Joe.

Rondo, I tried doing a search for that info as well, and can't find anything one way of the other... Of course it's very possible they've not decided one way or the other as yet?

Should I hear anything, I'll let you know and post it here in this topic thread...  :shake

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Thanks Joe.

Rondo, I tried doing a search for that info as well, and can't find anything one way of the other... Of course it's very possible they've not decided one way or the other as yet?

Should I hear anything, I'll let you know and post it here in this topic thread...  :shake

Thanks Joe!  :hairy :*: :toast
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
High Plains has been cancelled;

Got this from their FB Site;

**HPRR CANCELLED**

Rendezvous Family,
The 2020 High Plains Regional Rendezvous is officially cancelled. We hoped we would never have to write those words.
We started receiving phone calls in March from fellow buck skinners inquiring if the HPRR rendezvous was still happening, our thoughts at that time were “absolutely”. As time went on, we were made aware of one rendezvous after another that had been cancelled. As soon as other rendezvous started cancelling closer to us geographically, we were in constant contact with the US Forest Service.
The virus has spread more slowly in South Dakota, especially in Western South Dakota, which is great, but that slower spread means the peak of infections is not expected to occur until mid-late June. This is bad news for any large gatherings of people that are scheduled for that time period. Especially gatherings that have people coming from all over the United States.
The 2020 HPRR site is on federal land governed by the US Forest Service, who are adhering to the CDC guidelines. They are recommending a gathering of more than 250 persons to be postponed or rescheduled.
We cannot postpone the 2020 HPRR because our site effective July 1 will belong to the logging company who have the contract with the US Forest Service to remove most of the trees in that area.
The safety of our Rendezvous Family is our number one priority and we refuse to put them at risk.
We are looking forward to shining times when we can gather with our Rendezvous Family once again.

Greg Schmelz, Booshway Mark Kirchgesler, Segundo