Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: rifles  (Read 1555 times)

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
rifles
« on: November 17, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
my collection

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
Re: rifles
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 07:34:29 PM »
MY rifle collection, if this works i will post my bowie knife collection

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 07:45:04 PM »
Nice collection Jim!  :hairy

Good mix of flint and caplocks for sure!  :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline KDubs

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »
Real nice, jealous for sure.
 Kevin
TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:41:35 PM »
NIIIIICE!!  :hairy
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 11:56:52 PM »
Very nice Jim, is that a CVA mountain rifle with a curly stock?
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 01:14:15 AM »
NO that is pedersoli pennsylvania rifle that is the highest grade  tiger striped maple that they had there were 5 grades 5 being the highest , thats what i ordered  it was a birthday gift to me .lol in 2006, it has never been fired. the top 2 are CVA mt rifles I bought new in 1982 1 is a flintlock the other is perc, The bottom rifle is a jhon browning mt rifle also bought new in 1982, it is unfired, I bought 2 but I just sold one to a member of  WAC, im a member since 1985. I was going to post a close up of the pedersoli  It is a beautiful rifle I also have a pedersoli SILVER STAR,  the nose cap and patchbox and the inlays are sterling silver it was only made for 2 years because of the $ it didnt sell alot. It is unfired. When I hunted my meat getter is my CVA mt rifle perc, all my rifles are 50 cal, I didnt want to have a bunch of different cal I got 3 elk with my CVA it has battle scars but it shoots center if i do my part. I wanted to add those pics to the post but it only lets me add the one.  JOE & SCOOBY

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 02:17:02 PM »
Are you sure this is the photo which you think it is?  The top rifle is a CVA Mountain Rifle?  I don't recall the Mt. Rifle ever having a full stock!  The second one from the top looks like a Lyman GPR, or a Browning.  The sixth one down (fifth up from the bottom) would be a CVA Mountain Rifle, and a beauty it is, too!

All in all, a very impressive collection.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline jimbowie1

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »
YOU are right  Iwas looking at another pic that i had on my wall where the rifles were arranged in a different order, the cva,s are in the middle, the browning is on the bottom, Tried to send the right but like always i screwed up,I will just stick to reading and not posting, Im sorry for the mix up. never again.

Offline Butler Ford 40

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 12:05:01 AM »
Nice squad of rifles for sure!
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey for tomorrow I may have to eat them.  Amen

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 01:17:44 PM »
YOU are right  Iwas looking at another pic that i had on my wall where the rifles were arranged in a different order, the cva,s are in the middle, the browning is on the bottom, Tried to send the right but like always i screwed up,I will just stick to reading and not posting, Im sorry for the mix up. never again.

Aw, man, don't do that.  One little mastreke isn't the end of the world.  Don't beat yourself up that way.  I like Imgbb.com to post photos.  Seems to work pretty good for me.  Since Photobucket went away, it is the best I have found.
Heck, you could keep yourself busy for a week just posting about each of your rifles shown in the group photo.  And I wish you would.  And knives?  I sure do like the shiny, pointy things.  Wanting to see that for sure.  Hmmmmm...  Thinking I should take my own advice and do something about each of the nice knives I own.  That might be interesting - or it might be boring, I dunno.

John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 04:25:34 PM »
Tried to send the right but like always i screwed up,I will just stick to reading and not posting, Im sorry for the mix up. never again.

Don't do that!  I mess up here all the time, and no one gets on my case.  Maybe gentle reminders of what is proper  though!   :Doh!

We NEED your input, and if there's a problem Rob or Rondo can usually help straighten things out.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025