Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Saturday was New Bow Day!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Darren Haverstick

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Board of Directors, TMA Treasurer
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member.
Saturday was New Bow Day!
« on: May 17, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
Woohoo! Saturday was New Bow Day! And there is nothing better than that new bow smell. I commissioned this beauty from master bowyer, Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows for my Gould's turkey hunt in Mexico next spring. It was supposed to get here today but, surprise, it arrived early! I cannot be more pleased with how it turned out. A big shout out to Mike Pyeatt at Rosewood Archery Products for supplying the wood for this piece of art. This is Mr. Dunnaway's Mariah model. It is a two piece takedown recurve that is 54" long and pulls 53# @ 28". The riser is birdseye maple with a kingwood I-beam. It has a hard maple limb core with kingwood veneer. The handle wrap is beaver tail. I shot it for the first time yesterday and it shoots as good as it looks! Squirrel season opens this coming Saturday and I am confident that this new bow will get broken in then.

Darren

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: Saturday was New Bow Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:46:56 AM »
Nice!!!!..... too bad Mr Dunnaway put the arrow shelf on the wrong side.  :applaud  :Doh! :lol sign
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline KDubs

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:42:03 AM »
Beauty for sure. Looks like a sweet shooter.
 Kevin

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 12:41:56 PM »
That sure is pretty!

Ignore the "lefty" comments, Darren.  My dad was left handed, but in his day it was considered an undesirable trait so he learned to write with his right hand.  The Dutch Army taught him to shoot right handed, but he would reach over and operate the bolt with his left.  He was a zoology professor at the U of Hawaii and would drive his students nuts by writing on the blackboard (remember those?) with one hand while drawing with the other.  No, I don't know how he did it either....

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025