Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Chadron Fur Trade Days 2022  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Chadron Fur Trade Days 2022
« on: February 12, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
Received the flyer in the mail today. "Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous" (1800 - 1840 era) is scheduled for;

July 7, 8, 9, 10, 2022

https://furtradedays.com/

Naturally I'll set' up early like I always do. Maybe July 4th or 5th? Rondo, are you and Beth making any plans to venture up this way?  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: Chadron Fur Trade Days 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:28:27 PM »
Nothing definite yet,.... seems everyone wants to do something different around here.  ;banghead;
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 11:46:58 PM »
Know what you mean Rondo. Been there too.  :shake

Offline pipeguy66

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »
Have put it on the calendar. Hope to be there with our travel trailer. Campgrounds in the area?  Jim

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 11:02:53 AM »
Have put it on the calendar. Hope to be there with our travel trailer. Campgrounds in the area?  Jim

Chadron State Park (on the west side of Chadron) has a camp ground.  We hold our Rendezvous 10 miles east / southeast of Chadron (and the Museum of the Fur Trade) out in the country. I wouldn't recommend trying to take a travel trailer out there. It would be awful tough going IMHO. Though in the past there have been a few camper trailers that have made it back to the Rondy site and they camped up on top the canyon, and of course nothing modern is allowed down in the canyon during the Rendezvous. I'll also add that the hill one goes down to unload and load back up is not the friendliest hill. I think Rondo would back me up on this one.

With the above said, a lot of folks drive out to the site and park up on top and walk down on visitors day (which is usually on Saturday after the Parade in town, and it's nice to see the folks come out and take interest in what we're doing, and have been doing for over 40+ years.  :shake  :toast

Rondo, did I miss anything?

Offline pipeguy66

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 12:12:44 PM »
 :bl th up Thanks Joe. Will check out the park. And yes, I did mean Ft Robinson instead of Harrison. claiming a senior moment for that.  :luff: Man i love that excuse…er I mean reason.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 01:50:22 PM »
:bl th up Thanks Joe. Will check out the park. And yes, I did mean Ft Robinson instead of Harrison. claiming a senior moment for that.  :luff: Man i love that excuse…er I mean reason.

Back in '88 when I first moved out here, I worked maintenance at Ft. Robinson. Eleven months on / 1 month off (of course I had two days a week off, (spent those days working on a Ranch)... I were a'lot younger back then, and have a lot of fond memories of those days...  :shake 

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 11:00:57 PM »

Chadron State Park (on the west side of Chadron) has a camp ground.  We hold our Rendezvous 10 miles east / southeast of Chadron (and the Museum of the Fur Trade) out in the country. I wouldn't recommend trying to take a travel trailer out there. It would be awful tough going IMHO. Though in the past there have been a few camper trailers that have made it back to the Rondy site and they camped up on top the canyon, and of course nothing modern is allowed down in the canyon during the Rendezvous. I'll also add that the hill one goes down to unload and load back up is not the friendliest hill. I think Rondo would back me up on this one.

With the above said, a lot of folks drive out to the site and park up on top and walk down on visitors day (which is usually on Saturday after the Parade in town, and it's nice to see the folks come out and take interest in what we're doing, and have been doing for over 40+ years.  :shake  :toast

Rondo, did I miss anything?

You summed it all up pretty good Joe!  :hairy   :*:
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6