Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: questions about my profile  (Read 889 times)

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
questions about my profile
« on: May 01, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »
Actually, I don't even know if the subject of this post is correct, but since I don't have a 10 year old computer whiz grandchild to ask, I'll put my ignorance out there for everyone to see! On most everyone's "profile"/ "page" (?) near the bottom there is the word "like" in an oval and on the far right is the word "logged." My page doesn't have the like and instead of logged there is a stream of numbers. Also on the right is the word "modify," which I don't see on other pages. Why is mine different, and if it needs to be changed how is that accomplished?  Thank goodness a computer isn't needed to fire an 18th or 19th century gun! Thank you to any and all who assist.
 :Doh!
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: questions about my profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 01:40:36 PM »

The reason you don't see the "like" button on any of your posts is so you can't "like" your own posts. That probably sounds weird, but it's true, no poster can "like" is own posts in order to increase his "likes count".  :bl th up

The string of numbers you're seeing, (I think) is an IP number, and has to do with contacting the site moderators.

"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
Re: questions about my profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 01:37:01 PM »
Actually, I don't even know if the subject of this post is correct, but since I don't have a 10 year old computer whiz grandchild to ask, I'll put my ignorance out there for everyone to see! On most everyone's "profile"/ "page" (?) near the bottom there is the word "like" in an oval and on the far right is the word "logged." My page doesn't have the like and instead of logged there is a stream of numbers. Also on the right is the word "modify," which I don't see on other pages. Why is mine different, and if it needs to be changed how is that accomplished?  Thank goodness a computer isn't needed to fire an 18th or 19th century gun! Thank you to any and all who assist.
 :Doh!

Rondo got ya covered on the "Like" button.

"Logged" means that yer IP address (Internet Protocol - the stream of numbers) has been saved - that's more of a matter of forum security.

"Modify" allows you to edit your post.

Yer good to go!

:wave