Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Might not get those July targets shot  (Read 712 times)

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
Might not get those July targets shot
« on: July 11, 2022, 03:35:13 PM »
Rain and heat are always enemies of shooting, but how about a twister?? My shooting buddy, Jim, and I went to the range on the 6th of this month. We usually go once or twice a month and this day we were at the rifle range. He was trying some new loads and a new Skinner rear sight on one of his lever actions and I was doing some 100 yard shooting with my S&W .500 mag. We usually begin about 11 am and around 2 pm call it a day and go get some Skyline chili. On the 6th we moved things up an hour, and headed for home about 2. Around 3 pm an EVF 2-3 tornado hit Goshen, Ohio which is a small village about 10 min from the gun club. 150-200 homes were either partially damaged or completely destroyed. Only 2 people were hurt and there were no deaths. Skyline chili is at the exact spot where the twister came through. Since this week's weather is pretty nice, I intended to shoot my targets on Thursday the 14th BUT check out the damage done to our rifle range as the twister went through. Go to ehrgcc.org then scroll down to Facebook, on the left, and keep scrolling thru the photos on the left. Go to the second entry about the July damage. Looks like that one tree scored a perfect hit!   ;banghead;
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Might not get those July targets shot
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 08:32:40 PM »
Boy that is a mess.  Kind of messes up some shooting plans for sure.

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: Might not get those July targets shot
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 11:22:40 AM »
I think I would stay at home also, unless I could be of some help in the clean up.
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025