Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: September 2022 Monthly Postal Match Results - Mike Fink!  (Read 3646 times)

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
September 2022 Monthly Postal Match Results - Mike Fink!
« on: September 04, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »
SEPTEMBER 2022 MATCH RESULTS ....

(PLEASE NOTE - match target images, scores, and winner will post in this thread on October 1st)

TMA 25 yard offhand = No Powder 50-4X

TMA 50 & 100 yard bench = No Powder 99

The optional Mike Fink target face can also be shot for this month, in addition to the 25, 50, and 100 yard target faces!

Mike Fink = No Powder 46

Print out the TMA Specialty Mike Fink target face for match shooting - http://tradmla.org/postal21/tmamf21.pdf

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
Re: September 2022 Monthly Postal Match Results - Mike Fink!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 12:34:50 AM »
Being a new guy on the block, is the 25 yard target an either or?  Mike Fink or the normal 25 yard target or both?  Please clarify.
Thanks,
cwgrizz

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 06:41:23 AM »
Being a new guy on the block, is the 25 yard target an either or?  Mike Fink or the normal 25 yard target or both?  Please clarify.
Thanks,
cwgrizz

The Mike Fink target face is ADDED to the lineup: 25, 50, 100.

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
How I plan to ace the September Mike Fink postal target
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 02:49:15 PM »
My mom used to always say "there's more than one way to skin a cat" so here's how I plan to conquer the Mike Fink target this month. It all comes down to adhering to the letter of the law of the rules and then using a wee bit of creativity. Robd has two rules: "shoot from 25 yards, offhand" and "print out the Mike Fink target face". What he doesn't say is the dimensions of the printout. Here is where some creativity enters the shootin' match. 1. I'll set my printer to an output of 9 panels of 8 1/2"x11" each to yield a target of 26"x33" 2. I'll tape them together, shoot it from 25 yards 3. tack the completed face to the side of the barn 4. stand about 15' away, zoom my camera to wide focal length 5. press the shutter release and voila --a nice image to email to Rob--! This doesn't per se violate any rules and shooting at a bucket sized "cup" ought to be helpful. Can anybody else think of another way to get a great score?     :luff:
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #65
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 06:18:43 PM »
I would think that if you were going to triple the size of the target, you'd have to shoot from 75 yards... :bigsmile:
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2024
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
Re: How I plan to ace the September Mike Fink postal target
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 09:43:06 AM »
My mom used to always say "there's more than one way to skin a cat" so here's how I plan to conquer the Mike Fink target this month. It all comes down to adhering to the letter of the law of the rules and then using a wee bit of creativity. Robd has two rules: "shoot from 25 yards, offhand" and "print out the Mike Fink target face". What he doesn't say is the dimensions of the printout. Here is where some creativity enters the shootin' match. 1. I'll set my printer to an output of 9 panels of 8 1/2"x11" each to yield a target of 26"x33" 2. I'll tape them together, shoot it from 25 yards 3. tack the completed face to the side of the barn 4. stand about 15' away, zoom my camera to wide focal length 5. press the shutter release and voila --a nice image to email to Rob--! This doesn't per se violate any rules and shooting at a bucket sized "cup" ought to be helpful. Can anybody else think of another way to get a great score?     :luff:

With a target that size, you'd have to be shooting a cannon to get the holes the right size or......................just claim you're shooting a rifle/pistol with a bore the size of BB's.
 :hairy

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 07:16:41 PM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 07:17:31 PM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 07:18:15 PM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 08:44:51 PM »
So where are all the rest of the shooters?  I only see three....  :o

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 10:57:08 PM »
So where are all the rest of the shooters?  I only see three....  :o

~Kees~

That's a great question, Kees! Bet none of the 4364 other TMA folks will answer you.
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 12:05:18 AM »
Shame on me, but I got lazy and just didn't get out to shoot.  Hopefully Oct.will work better.

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 12:30:02 AM »
Grizz, there isn't going to be an October shoot. The way I interpret RobD's results posting of 10/1 is that it was all over with September. I sure can't blame him, there weren't enough shooters to make it worth his while to keep it going. Even the Mike Fink target couldn't get couch taters out to shoot five balls, and that doesn't bode well for our tiny niche of the shooting sports.

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2022, 10:37:46 PM »
Grizz, there isn't going to be an October shoot. The way I interpret RobD's results posting of 10/1 is that it was all over with September. I sure can't blame him, there weren't enough shooters to make it worth his while to keep it going. Even the Mike Fink target couldn't get couch taters out to shoot five balls, and that doesn't bode well for our tiny niche of the shooting sports.

Oh, OK on nothing in October............
I still have some TMA targets printed to shoot, but now the challenge will be gone. Ha!  It was fun to see where I stacked up which was usually on the bottom, but still fun.  Thanks RobD for running these.

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 09:59:17 PM »
Shame on me, but I got lazy and just didn't get out to shoot.  Hopefully Oct.will work better.

Your absence was noted....  :o

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025