Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Lil Debbie got a new ramrod  (Read 492 times)

Offline Darren Haverstick

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Board of Directors, TMA Treasurer
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member.
Lil Debbie got a new ramrod
« on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:04 AM »

I'm taking Lil Debbie to Mexico this coming April to hunt Gould's turkeys with her. I finally had a chance to go to the range last week to do some pattern work and ended up breaking her dang ramrod! I was not surprised, since something ALWAYS goes wrong when I tote a gun to the range. So, anyway, I didn't want to be in the same bind on my trip so I finished up a new ramrod for her yesterday and then made an extra for "just in case". Now I need to get back to the range to finish getting her patterned.

Darren

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
Re: Lil Debbie got a new ramrod
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:20:09 AM »
Leave it to Darren to make a beautiful artistic ramrod. Not just one but twins!!!   :applaud :applaud :applaud
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 11:38:01 AM »
As always, Darren, wonderful work.  We expect nothing less from you.  And you deliver.   :applaud :applaud
The only question I have is why use the undergun rod for range work?  I am a firm believer in brass rods, especially when shooting at the range.  As a matter of fact, I can hardly remember the last time I used my undergun rod for anything but a decoration on any of my muzzleloaders.  But, that's just me.

John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Darren Haverstick

• TMA: Board of Directors, TMA Treasurer
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 03:43:09 PM »
As always, Darren, wonderful work.  We expect nothing less from you.  And you deliver.   :applaud :applaud
The only question I have is why use the undergun rod for range work?  I am a firm believer in brass rods, especially when shooting at the range.  As a matter of fact, I can hardly remember the last time I used my undergun rod for anything but a decoration on any of my muzzleloaders.  But, that's just me.

John (Bigsmoke)

John, since I was patterning a smoothbore, I was already dragging everything to the range except the kitchen sink. My steel rod would have been just one more thing to carry in a hand that I didn't have free.

Darren

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 08:04:35 PM »
Two trips???? :shake :shake
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life