Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Double Barrel Shotgun  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
yep what feltwad said , any losness to the barrles will come to light when you ring them , bad ribs , bad barrels  and such .also dont forget to check them for loads , , drop the RR  down the bore ..

not alot of original  early rifles around but  there are alot of shotguns . you start looking and you will be suprised what you find
 the Muzzleloader shop has some . there are always some on gun broker or auction arms as well

Offline Riley/MN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #20
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
Butterchurn,

You ever get down to Morristown? There's a "little gun shop" there called Ahlman's (advertises they have 5000 guns) that gets some doubles once in a while...
~Riley
><>

TMA Charter Member #20

Support Traditional Muzzleloading - Join the TMA!

Offline butterchurn

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
Riley - Yeah, I've been there but its been a long time.  I used to go down there and do cowboy action shooting.  Ammo getting too expensive so I stopped.
Butterchurn
Member # 249
Exp. 07/12/10

Set your course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship.
General Omar N. Bradley

Offline Squire Robin

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.flintlocks.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
Quote from: "Captchee"
but i buy   the ones i like  sometimes they are just junk , other times i find that i have something . but i enjoy them all

That's the way to go, if you buy it because you like it you're safe, you aren't worried if folk tell you it isn't what you thought it was.

I just bought a Durs Egg percussion 13 gauge. Bill Curtis was severely raining on my parade, said it was made after Egg was dead and there isn't much Bill doesn't know about guns :rotf

The cherry on the cake came when I found the wear plates by the breeching and barrel vents  were pure platinum and due to the inflated metal prices I'd actually got it for around it's scrap value so the gun has to be a bargain. Shoots good to  :happy
Expires 02/10/2012
Member Number 61

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:45 PM »
shhhhhhhhhh dont sya nothing about platnum folks will be bying all the good ones  up just for that and then dumping the rest of the gun  :oops: