Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Barrel Pin Inlays  (Read 875 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Barrel Pin Inlays
« on: September 09, 2021, 08:07:00 PM »
Well I spent the morning installing four diamond shaped (brass) inlays for my two barrel pins on my half stock .54 Caplock Rifle... Don't really need them but it makes an otherwise plain half stock rifle look a bit better, even though this rifle was just a purpose build 17 / 18 years ago... That purpose being for Buffalo X-Sticks...

I've actually shot this rifle more offhand than ever off the sticks... It hangs very well when aiming offhand for a 10.25 pound rifle. It's not a pretty rifle by any means. It was never intended to be as it was intended strictly for "X-Stick Buffalo Matches" at our annual State ML Shoot,,, (though its never spoke once in any competition,,, only in practice). Why??? Well I have two .50 caliber Buffalo X-Stick Rifles I built before ever building this .54...

Anyway, I thought it needed a little TLC, and make it look a bit nicer to the eye.

I also removed the rear adjustable Bo-Mar sight, and replaced it with a Lyman GPR elevation adjustable rear sight. (I kind 'a like those), and it matches up well with the front brass blade sight.

All that's left to do now is take it to the Range and sight it in - but I may wait 'til October for that???

So, this was my project for today.  :shake

Don't know what I'll do tomorrow.....  :laffing ;)

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #65
Re: Barrel Pin Inlays
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »
They do dress it up. :bl th up
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2024
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell