Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Credit Card Companies To Track Firearm Sales  (Read 1053 times)

Offline PetahW

• TMA Forum Member
Credit Card Companies To Track Firearm Sales
« on: September 10, 2022, 10:35:59 PM »
Major credit card companies ( Visa, Master Card, American Express, etc) will target gunshops after the International Organization for Standardization, a Geneva-based nonprofit, approved the creation of a merchant code for gun retailers last weekend.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/in-a-win-for-gun-control-advocates-visa-mastercard-and-american-express-plan-to-start-separately-categorizing-sales-at-gun-stores/ar-AA11GYRQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=47941e1995a444eba88471eb85a537e1

Small gunshops, unlike large retailers that sell sporting goods along with firearms, will have a separate code to track their sales.
NRA Life Member since 1971
USAF Vet (Vietnam era)
Boy Scouts of America

EVERYONE HAS A HIDDEN TALENT THEY DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT UNTIL TEQUILA...

Offline Fyrstyk

• TMA Forum Member
  • "When your dumb, you gotta be tough"
  • TMA Member: Member #799
Re: Credit Card Companies To Track Firearm Sales
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 08:23:35 AM »
Pay by cash or money order.  You can get cash with your credit card at a ATM.

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 06:53:59 PM »
ALL my firearms have been bought with cash!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 09:13:14 AM »
So the credit card companies now track gun sales, so what? So does the Fed, so what? 393 million PRIVATELY owned firearms in this country, ESTIMATED! The real number is probably much, much higher.  Even if our elected officials magically annulled the 2nd Amendment,  how many citizens would voluntarily surrender their guns? 1%? 2%? Even if there was a buyback program,  would they? I sincerely doubt it. So do you seriously think the Federal, State and local police could confiscate 393+ million guns from well-armed citizens? No, my friends I hate to say it but gun rights lobbyists like the NRA and others are using that as a scare tactic to increase donations. Will some states and localities try to restrict gun ownership? Of course they will, look at New York state. Even in New York, there are hardcore gun owners who are fighting the new laws.
I don't worry about the credit card companies OR the Fed, I worry about local and state lawmakers passing stupid restrictive laws in my backyard.
END OF RANT!
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 03:35:40 AM »
Rant on brother Nessmuk!    :yessir:

The lack of ranting has not worked out so well for us "dyed in the wool" Gun Owners,, so ranting it will be!
My State Senators, My State Congressman, The State AG, and my local Representative. all get to hear from me once in a while, whether they want to or not!
And they already know what's on my mind before they even open the letter.
Sometimes  I add a little hot-sauce, sometimes a little "artificial sweetener" depending on why I'm writing.
The subject of Guns, and Removal of the Dams on the Columbia River always get a extra helping of Habanero, it's good for the soul.
Jus'sayin
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 11:02:29 AM »
Rant on brother Nessmuk!    :yessir:

The lack of ranting has not worked out so well for us "dyed in the wool" Gun Owners,, so ranting it will be!
My State Senators, My State Congressman, The State AG, and my local Representative. all get to hear from me once in a while, whether they want to or not!
And they already know what's on my mind before they even open the letter.
Sometimes  I add a little hot-sauce, sometimes a little "artificial sweetener" depending on why I'm writing.
The subject of Guns, and Removal of the Dams on the Columbia River always get a extra helping of Habanero, it's good for the soul.
Jus'sayin

Amen Uncle Russ!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 09:55:11 PM »
how many citizens would voluntarily surrender their guns? 1%? 2%? Even if there was a buyback program,  would they? I sincerely doubt it.

I hope you're right, but remember when Massachusetts (I believe) had a buy back program?  A great many people turned in guns, many of which would have been museum pieces, but because they were turned in they ended up on a barge and dumped in the Atlantic.  I fear the majority would line up and turn them in, despite the rhetoric.

No, my friends I hate to say it but gun rights lobbyists like the NRA and others are using that as a scare tactic to increase donations.

I agree wholeheartedly!  To misquote one of our progressive politicians, this is too good an opportunity to waste!

~Kees~[/size]
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025