Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2023 TMA Postal Shoots??  (Read 1618 times)

Online cwgrizz

• TMA Forum Member
2023 TMA Postal Shoots??
« on: December 29, 2022, 10:57:58 PM »
@Nessmuk  @Ohio Joe

Anything on the 2023 Postal Shoots.  I'm not rushing or pushing, just curious as 2023 is just around the corner. 

A side question to Nessmuk.  I think I remember you from a ML forum of many years ago we were both on.  I can't remember which one, but I think the two I was thinking of have both long since ceased to exist.

Thanks,
cwgrizz

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: 2023 TMA Postal Shoots??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 09:48:31 PM »
As far as I know - and last I heard, Nessmuk will be running the 2023 Postal Matches.  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online KDubs

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 09:55:11 AM »
I've already shot my targets for next yr.  :bigsmile:
 Hopefully I'll be able to make time for the PS.
 Joined my local BP club so that should help.
 Kevin

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 10:02:20 AM »
Well, Color me embarassed . My 3 paragraph reply to CWGRIZZ didn't post back on the 30th!

Yes, I'm the fool who volunteered to run the 2023 Postal Match. Traditionally, we have the Matches from April  to October, no change this year.

I'm going to have two different match styles and you can compete in one or both. It's entirely up to you.

#1 Traditional Targets. the same as we've always used

#2 Rondy Targets These will still be printed on standard 8.5x11" paper. but the targets will vary from month to month. I will  publish the following month's target 2 or 3 days before the end of the month. I may vary the shooting distance and shooting stance for these targets from month to month, also. Don't worry!! There won't be anything too outrageous. 

I do guarantee you won't be bored if you shoot Rondy. More later as I perfect my posting skills. feel free to PM me with suggestions , complaints or rude comments.

I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 11:06:40 AM »
Do not be embarrassed - stuff happens.  And do not consider yourself a fool for offering to run the shoots this year.  I for one am grateful that you are doing it!  :toast

I'm looking forward to what your Rondy targets are going to be, and how we are to shoot them.  Which reminds me, I have a new stock for the Hodgepodge rifle which I have to fit to it.  If I am going to be shooting it I had better get with the program and get that done!  :pray:

Thank you again for taking this on!   :bow

~Kees~ (The other Dutchman)
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Bearhntr

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to it!

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 08:29:14 PM »
"Rondy Targets"

Great idea!!!  :toast
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 12:21:12 AM »
Hey Nessmuk, thanks for taking the helm. For those of us who don't know the lingo, what is a "rondy" target? All those bullseyes that we have been shooting ag for the past few years are round, or roundish, or is that perhaps rondy?
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 09:44:45 AM »
What are "Rondy" targets? Think Rendezvous! Think Candles and Strings and Gongs! Think Sgt. York! Think X's and O''s. Anything EXCEPT the center of bullseye.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Online The Miner '49er

• TMA Forum Member
  • Achieved 2020 Challenge/'20-'23 Postal Competitor
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 09:53:47 AM »
Well, that's good to know. Hitting the center of a bullseye is pretty hard to do for all of us. Sounds like fun. Mike Fink was a tough one last year, so I'm dreading the candle and string. Let 'er rip!
Defend the 2nd Amendment - If you can't fight for your rights, you don't have any!     "I was standin' at the toe mark on the 25-yard line, I was gunnin' fer' a 50 with my rifle Clementine."

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 01:42:37 PM »
Maybe even some of those chickens, pigs, rams Etc. that Joe would have us shoot?  I just paid my annual dues for the Athens Fish & Game Club so I will be able to use the range again this year with my postal targets.  Are we going to be scanning & emailing them again like Rob had us do?  Or stick them in an envelope and send them via USPS?

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Lynn Burman

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Tma Member #823 Expiration Dare, 2/8/2020
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 08:08:29 AM »
took some time off. And now I've forgotten how to access the monthly postal matches. ( have patience with me I don't do well with the computer )

Offline No Powder

• TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #75
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 09:41:23 AM »
Lynn, if it's any consolation to you, I'm probably more computer illiterate than you are. Sometimes I become so frustrated that I want to quit. But I so enjoy shooting the postal matches and hearing what these gun builders and intelligent people have to say about their black powder experiences. So I'll keep plugging away as long as they bare with me. I can't help you with the postal shoot information, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you. Sometimes I have to get my wife to help me . You can teach an old dog new tricks but sometimes it's just a little hard to remember those tricks.

TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024

Offline Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 11:08:27 AM »
Keep your Powder dry, Gentlemen, (I use the term loosely). I will have all the Postal Shoots info up on the board the first week of February. It will be more friendly to the computer challenged.

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline No Powder

• TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #75
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 11:23:09 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. Hey Lynn, I told you somebody would be along shortly. I like the comment about keeping your powder dry. But speaking from experience, I would like to add to always remember to put the powder in first. Then work on keeping it dry.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:48:29 AM by No Powder »

TMA Exp. Date; June 26, 2024